If your tooth needs help, chances are a dental crown may be required. Dental crowns have many amazing qualities that help teeth stay strong or protect them from further damage.
To help you learn more about dental crowns, our dentist, Dr. Steven Oshins with Oshins Of Smiles has provided you with this information on their many qualities:
– Are you suffering from weak or broken teeth that need additional support? If so, dental crowns can be used.
– Do you have dental implants or dental crowns on your teeth? For an additional level of support, a dental crown can be placed over the top of it. The same can be true for root canals.
– Dental crowns can provide support for a dental filling.
– For children, dental crowns can also be used.
– The approximate durability of a single dental crown is anywhere from a few decades up to a lifetime’s worth of heavy wear.
– Thanks to dental crowns, in situations where a tooth may be extracted because no other treatment options can be used, it may still be possible to save the tooth.
– Dental crowns can improve the visual appearance of a tooth because it covers damaged teeth on all sides and can be crafted for your visual needs.
As you can see, dental crowns can aid your teeth in moments of need. If you find yourself needing a dental crown, or if you have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 518-356-5635 to set up an appointment. Our dental team in Schenectady, New York, is happy to take your call.