How would you rank your tooth brushing techniques? Are you brushing your teeth for a long enough time per day? Are you using the best possible tools to accomplish the task? Are you using toothpaste that is safe and effective? Are you approaching at the right angles? There are numerous questions involved you need to consider to ensure your tooth brushing techniques achieve optimal health success.
– Use a sturdy brush that can effectively reach all areas of your mouth.
– Do not brush too hard, and be sure to focus on brushing with small, soft strokes.
– Choose a toothbrush that has soft bristles, as they are less likely to cause dental abrasion.
– Always your tongue as well to help remove bacteria that may be present.
– To safely clean your front teeth, turn your brush vertical.
– There are numerous areas that your toothbrush cannot reach between teeth, so don’t forget to clean between your teeth with an interdental cleaner such as floss.
– For extra assistance with your oral health care, always be sure to visit your dentist every 6 months for a professional cleaning.
– Implement a routine of brushing your teeth at a 45-degree angle of the gums to ensure you’re adequately reaching and covering all areas of your inner mouth.
– When brushing your teeth, make sure to brush for at least two minutes twice daily.
For more toothbrushing advice or to schedule an oral exam with Dr. Steven Oshins and our team at our dentist office in Schenectady, New York, please contact Oshins Of Smiles at 518-356-5635.