OSHINS OF SMILES FINANCIAL POLICY
We participate in many major dental insurance plans. We accept assignment of benefits toward payment of your total fee for most insurance plans. We will work with you to insure that you receive the greatest benefit from your dental plan.
The best dental service is based on friendly, mutual understanding between the dental office and patient. Therefore, we invite you to discuss any questions regarding your dental care and/or dental insurance.
If you have insurance that will cover the charges for dental treatment in this office, you will need to bring the insurance cards, and subscriber and employer information with you on the first visit. If your insurance should change, you must inform us with the appropriate cards.
If we have agreed to accept the assignment of benefits, we will gladly file the claim for you and assist with any follow up.
You must expect to pay the non-covered percentage of the cost of treatment at each visit. We will estimate what your portion will be based on information we have available to us. Please remember that it would be impossible for our business staff to know every insurance plan. We literally deal with thousands of plans in this office. Our estimates are close, but you may end up owing an additional balance based on plan deductibles, yearly maximums, termination of employment, a change of dental plan by your employer, etc. ANY BALANCE NOT PAID BY THE INSURANCE COMPANY IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBIL TY.
If your insurance company has not paid your claim in a reasonable amount of time, we will ask you to pay for the services in full and work out reimbursement with your insurance company.
If you feel uncomfortable with any of the above information, or if we feel that there is not a mutual understanding of our insurance arrangements, we will ask you to pay in full at the time of service and file your own insurance.
Our obligations to you:
- We will always treat you with a friendly, professional manner.
- We will file your claims and try to assist with any follow up.
- We will gladly answer any treatment or insurance questions.
- We will always try, with the best of our ability to estimate your insurance coverage.
Your obligations to us:
- To understand that you, and not the insurance company are financially repressible to our office for the services rendered.
- To educate yourself on YOUR dental coverage. When making decisions to have dental care, you must know what coverage is available to you to help you pay for these services.
- If you have any questions, please ask.
- If you feel uncomfortable with our insurance policies, please pay in full at the time of the service and have your insurance company reimburse you. This will help alleviate any misunderstandings.
The goal of this dental office is to provide the best dental care for you and to make yours and your visit as enjoyable as possible. By reading and understanding the above information, we hope we can have a mutual understanding of dental insurance. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling 518-356-5635.