Caring for your toothbrush is one of the most important tasks you can do to ensure brushing is done safely and effectively. If you are brushing with a broken toothbrush or one that has been contaminated with bacteria, you might as well not even use it because it will do more harm than good. Instead, always make sure to care for your toothbrush effectively so it can continue to protect your mouth as needed. Tips for caring for your toothbrush and include the following:
– Never share your toothbrush with anyone else or use anyone else’s toothbrush.
– Always make sure to keep your toothbrush clean when not in use.
– Store your toothbrush and air it out in a space that is free of moisture build-up.
– Never allow your toothbrush to touch other toothbrushes, as cross-contamination can occur.
– To avoid abrasion, always select toothbrushes that have soft bristles.
– If you struggle brushing with traditional toothbrushes, consider using an electric toothbrush instead.
– Always replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months or earlier if it is a youth toothbrush.
– Speak with your dentist about product suggestions and recommendations for toothbrushes and toothpaste.
– For additional help with your oral health care, visit your dentist for routine checkups and oral examinations.
Come speak with Oshins Of Smiles to learn how to best care for your smile. To schedule an oral exam with Dr. Steven Oshins and our team at our dentist office in Schenectady, New York, simply give us a call at 518-356-5635.