Is bad breath continually creeping up on you? Bad breath, also known as halitosis, is the result of a nasty or foul odor stemming from your mouth. It is normally caused by poor oral hygiene but it may also be a symptom of a far more serious ailment within your mouth or body. Everything from the foods you eat to bad habits such as smoking can all play a vital role in the causes of bad breath, so consider following these important guidelines:
– Various diseases and illnesses lead to bad breath, including respiratory tract infections and liver and kidney problems.
– Bad breath can be instigated by poor oral hygiene habits such as the forgetting to floss and brush daily.
– Plaque buildup that loiters in your mouth can cause bad breath.
– If you have an underlying disease such as periodontal disease, also referred to as gum disease, it may be causing bad breath.
– One of the easiest and quickest ways to eliminate many common forms of bad breath is by using mouthwash.
– Medications that yield dry mouth symptoms can cause bad breath.
If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Steven Oshins at our dentist office in Schenectady, New York, please call us at 518-356-5635. Our team at Oshins Of Smiles looks forward to keeping your oral health in excellent condition.